Tuesday 5 March 2013

Sleepless in Peterborough (or Chapter Two)

After the first failed attempt at nap time I was pretty discouraged. I fed E lunch and put him down again about an hour later. He cried for twenty minutes, but then slept for 45 minutes. It's not nearly enough sleep for him and he was cranky all afternoon.  To give him a second and late nap would have ruined his entire night.

The futon was successfully removed from E's room last night and into J's room. I will no longer be bunking with the baby.  I thought E would have a fit when he realized it was gone, but he surprised me and didn't care. How about that? Bedtime was a small argument, but after five minutes of grumbling and protesting he liad down and went to sleep.

He slept through until 1am (it's better than 11pm at least) and was up until 3:30. Ouch, but not agonizingly so. So then he slept and I slept until the official start of the day at 5:45. Oops, I forgot about that part. Without the futon in his room he won't play quietly in his crib until I'm ready to get up. Hmmmm, didn't think that one through.

Today I took the lesson from yesterday and didn't put him down for a nap until well after lunch. I made sure we had a busy morning and refused to let him sleep no matter how many times he provoked me by yawning. So when noon rolled around and he had a full tummy, I laid him down and he didn't cry at all. Of course I had to make sure no one switched my baby with another one, but no, it was E and he was s.leeping! Weird.

Bedtime was just as weird. I put him down and left and he went right to sleep. Let's see if he can make it until 2am this time......wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment