Wednesday 6 March 2013

Sleepless Day 3

So I've stuck to my guns so far, but only because I removed the futon from E's room so I have no choice. E woke up at 11:45 last night, and I went in once to calm him down and left again. He didn't like that one bit, and he cried and screamed for a good hour or so. He finally fell asleep. I was lying in bed listening to him until then.

Then he was up again from 3:00-4:15, but he only cried for 30 minutes or so, and then he was playing in his crib for an hour before going back to sleep. I was sitting out in the hallway that time, and I was fighting the urge to go and lay him back down.

I got some sleep from 4:30-5:55 when it was time to get up. The birds haven't even come back north yet to wake us up. At this rate I'm going to run out of coffee before grocery day. It's in the name of hopeful improvement though, so here's a recap:

Night One:
E got 8 hours and 15 minutes of sleep;  Mommy got 5 hours and 15 minutes of sleep.

Night Two:
E got 8 hour and fifteen minutes of sleep; Mommy got 4 hours and 15 minutes of sleep (later bedtime for Mommy)

Now my math skills are a bit dusty so that's with the help of a calculator. I don't see any improvement here yet. Considering that most kids E's age need 12-16 hours of sleep in a 24-hour period, I'm confused. Even with his two hour nap it doesn't put him within range. Hmmmm. We will see what tomorrow brings. I refuse to think about the 8-10 hours of sleep Mommy should be getting each night. That would just be depressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment