Thursday 7 March 2013

Sleepless but my fault

Last night bedtime went well. He complained a bit but went off to sleep with no crying. Success! Then he woke at eleven, but went back to sleep easily. Then he slept through until 5:30! Which would have been awesome but I was up at 3, 4 and 5, and just got back to sleep when it was time to start the day (not my decision). So I'm still pretty tired. I wish my body could forget habits as easily as a toddler's.

I planned to nap at the same time as E today, because J was in school. Usually I can't nap at all throughout the day because I'm not used to it. So I put E for a nap, and after five minutes of chatting to his stuffies he went to sleep.  I cleaned for fifteen minutes and went to bed. I slept for five minutes and then E woke up. A half an hour nap is not enough (I'm not even going to comment on a five-minute nap), but that was that.

Final score:

E: 10 1/2 hours of sleep + 30 min. nap
Mommy: 4 1/2 hours sleep + 5 min. nap

Something's not working here!

No comments:

Post a Comment