Saturday 27 April 2013

Deadline time!

I will be posting less often for the next couple of weeks because I have an article to finish. My deadline is months away, but I lost all my research and have to start again so I've given myself a personal deadline of next Sunday to have the middle draft done. By middle draft I mean almost final, but it gives me time to go over it every week or so to make it perfect. So my writing time will be mostly focused on that for the next little bit.

Here are some tips to keep everyone happy while I'm taking a semi-break from mom-blogging:

Add puffed rice (the cereal) to all of your baking. It can be substituted for half the oatmeal in a recipe if you run out, or just add it to bars or cookies to increase the yield.

When you buy lasagne noodles, get the oven-ready kind. Believe me, it's a pain to boil it before you assemble it.

I figured out a wonderful way to clean any drink spills from a high chair tray. Instead of soak, squeeze, rinse and repeat with a cloth, use a syringe and a cup. It's much quicker and also amuses the kids. Depending on how clean the tray was before, the kids can even drink it up after it's cleaned. That's up to your discretion.

Find the most interesting window in your house and put a comfy chair beside it. Kids love being nosy (I'm not one to judge, I love our huge window), so you can sit comfortably and point out what's going on when it's a rainy day or too early to go outside.

Try the healthy adult cereal for your kids. Some brands taste exactly like kids' favourites, but are all-natural, high-protein and low sugar. A really great one, the maple flavoured Honey Bunches of Oats.

That's all my advice for now. I will continue to post, but not as regularly for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment